Thursday, June 28, 2012

Running in a whirlwind!

Hello! Im back!

Its been a very busy week and a bit for myself. However, I have only put one run aside and will complete it today since it is no longer so windy theres roofs blowing off building!

Being a professional includes travel, which is fairly fun at times! I love my family however this is a great little chance to rebuild my energy. My DH and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary at the Moose Jaw Temple Garden Spa. (http://www.templegardens.sk.ca/?gclid=CJWh_fOV8bACFSMCQAodCh26tg) It was a great relaxing weekend, we drank wine, ate good food, relaxed in and out of the pool. I came home feeling like a puddle of goo!! SUCCESS!!

I made my run Sunday night and packed my workout gear for a hotel workout on Monday. Everything went well on my trip till Tuesday evening. Vast thunderstorms and tornado warnings had the province up in arms. I was unable to get ahold of my destination hotel, and the world wide customer service said all was well.. I drove 131 kms to find out the whole city of 60,000 people were out of power and likely would for at least another 24 hours. So to get back to Regina from here is at minimum 3.5 hours.... 1.5 hours longer then I would have had to drive if someone would have had their information correct when I called....

So I drive.. and HIT the storm.. its pouring rain cannot see the road... and theres NO sign of it letting up any time soon. I had no cell service.. could send a few texts and that was challenge.... 5 hours later I made it home.....I think I`ll stay home for a while now!

No comments:

Post a Comment