Monday, June 18, 2012

Couch 2 5 Km Trainer!

Week 2 Day 2 - I started running a few weeks ago .. off and on. Not consistent, well for the last 2 weeks I have made every run. I downloaded the Couch 2 5 km  app on my iPhone to assist me in my training. http://www.c25k.com/ and well I LOVE IT! You put your ear phones in, get your music going and the little voice on the app tells you " start warm up walking for 5 minutes". Your moving out in the fresh air, feeling good and the little voice says " start running" ... HOW EASY IS THAT!??

When I was in university running my heart out, I would have to watch my mp3 player ( as long as it wasn't dead again) and watch the minutes go by as I ran them. This drove me nuts! I would be counting down in my head, telling myself I had to get through another 30 seconds or only 5 more minutes. This takes that all away, I just turn it on and RUN! I thoroughly enjoy the ease of this app.

I love the easiness of life, I have twins.. I'm a wife and work full time as well. I cannot make excuses if my phone reminds me its a run day.. or its time to track my food.. nor can I make excuses if it tells me to run ..... And so far I'm succeeding!

No comments:

Post a Comment