Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dissappointment of a Fairy Tale

I was the little girl who hated scary movies, scary kings or queens or heck Gargamel even scared me for a short time. Me and a friend went to the new fairytale movie Snow White and the Huntsman and for the first time as an adult I found out what the fairy tale story was all about.

I have always watched glorified Disney movies and assumed those were the right stories, I mean why would you want to change the loving little dwarfs who take care of Snow White of her, the great dancing forest animals and all the love that becomes once her Prince comes to find her.

Well, now let me tell you.... the new age movie.. DEFINITELY not glorified! I thought it was enjoyable but I was slightly confused when this thing came into the picture.
( Found on Google Images... They are gods!)

Does this look like a troll to you!?! I may be ignorant to what trolls really look like, but I ASSUMED that they were little men who lived under bridges.... Not this monster.....

To say the least , I had a lot of questions. But then... we make it into the forest where everything is lush and beautiful to see this:


 
( Google Images again.. not proper citations but the links were huge)

So these are fairies.... they actually climb into animals bodies and that's how they get places. There's no pretty little wings... no nice lil tutu's .. Just these creepy little alien looking things that can push them into the breast of a bird.


The movie overall was good.. I'm just upset that I was so blinded to actual fairy tales...But All in All.. this is how I choose to remember Snow White.




Have a great day People! Remember... Fairy Tales are meant to make us all smile.. young old and the ignorant ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment