Monday, June 11, 2012

The start...

We all have to start somewhere... our first breath ... our first steps .. even our first day of school. Every moment of our life starts with a first. That being said.. Ive started running. I ran in university and was training for a 10 km program when I met my dear hubby. Well sometimes when one falls in loves and moves away from their current location, life catches up to them and their passions change to suit their current life style. The last 5 years of our world has been a roller coaster of a wedding, move across the province for a new job, becoming pregnant with twins, having twins, finishing university and starting a career.... As all of your mommys know.. Thats alot of life living in 5 years!
We are now back home, life is pretty much settled into place here. We are waiting on a home to sell back in the town we moved from but reletively we have settled.

I have started to run. I miss it.. I miss the challenges that running poses... I miss the summer sun on my back and the sweat on my forehead. I also miss the sore muscles and the excitment of breaking another kilometre or another minute.  So I started.. I booked myself into the Regina Road Race for September 29th of this year. I did my first run on Friday while my daughters were riding their bikes... let me tell you.... Ive never ran so fast in my life with these two. Those little legs get going and theres a hill.. and holy crap there they go! RUN MOMMY RUN! Nothing like a terrorized 3.5 yr old booking it down a incline on a bike.. they lose all sense of everything. But man does mommy get a work out!

I ran yesterday at the YMCA, calibrated my Nike + IPod trainer and it was a great run! I usually am not a treadmill lover, but it was a nice run followed by a upper body circuit! Then a hour in the pool with my family.

The reason I blog.. I have opinions.. life goals.. education .. and the desire to learn from others.. You will see me blog about life, being a mom, a runner and my passion in Restorative Justice. 

Till next time.... Cheers and Hope all of you are well!

No comments:

Post a Comment