Friday, September 14, 2012

The patience of a runnin' mommy!

My mom has been laid up in the hospital since last Sunday, her left leg and lower back must have some nerve issues. However small town doctors aren't to concerned to fix it.... Me an my girls decided to come home to the farm so Mom/Nana could come home and we would take care of her.

I got to the gym yesterday and did the new program my trainer did up for me. I quite enjoyed it! Challenging yet simple exercises and quick! I love getting in and out of the gym in 45 minutes. I packed most of my workout run gear (forgot proper tops) but shoes shorts and water bottle packed!

Today after my girls nap we decided to head out for my Friday run. My 5 km said to warm up 5 mins run straight for 25 and then cool down. Ok let's do it!!

My kids got on their John Deere gator and off we went!

So I start running and think to myself... Gravel road.. Handicap! And holy crap this gator is slooooow! I can't be runnin anymore then 2.5 mph. Ok easy slow jog I'll be ok.

Mommy had her water girl and we had a stuff puppy! Well a kilometer in we are at a 13:36 min km pace... Uhh what?! Holy that's almost 5 minutes slower than my last run...

Ok half way through and we have barely gotten 1.56 Kms... Ok that ok I had to stop, keep kids focused that's what mommas do ....

We turn around and are on our way back. My water girl has decided she wants to run ok I'll slow down haha I didnt think I could get any slower!

Well papa (grandpa) shows up and my water girl has now jumped ship and is in the farm truck while the gator driver is crying so hard she can't see the road.... So she drives over my foot :(

I've had some tightness and discomfort in my left foot at the arch and my daughter drive right up and over that area... Mommy hobbles home.


We finished tears, arguments and some cheering...

Mommy's sacrifice their bodies to grow their babies.. Unfortunately our babies don't understand how hard it is to get back.

But when I looked over to see these cuties as my run partners.... I can't help but smile!!




No comments:

Post a Comment