Monday, September 10, 2012

The 20 minutes we ALL dread...

I completed the 10 minute straight running sets.. after the 8 minutes I thought " Oh my.. there is NO way I can do this!" And I was right.. the first go.. I mentally beat myself up so bad I couldn't do it.....

So I changed my way of thinking.. and it goes something like this

" This is hard.. its not a short period of time.. and you haven't done this in YEARS... BUT YOU WILL DO THIS! YOU will NOT WALK and YOU WILL COMPLETE the 10 minutes"

I did.. just like that.. I just did it..

The next run I really freaked about.. 15 minutes straight.. holy crap.. but I pumped it out .. made it through!

Remember when ( if your a runner) you started and running the 2 minutes 5 times in a session was almost tear jerking... I do.. but the 15 minutes.. was way easier then that time.. It's insane the progress your body can go through within weeks!

Sunday Morning... 11 am.. Breakfast: Two chocolate chip homemade waffles  and a cup of coffee

Gear : Lululemon still capris- Under Armour Tank - Sock- and the best undies on earth!! - Mizuno Wave shoes and a Tech Zip up jacket.

I set out for my 5 minute warm up along a busy street.. taking in some water to get rid of the dryness ( I need to consume more water!!)

*DING* " start running now" chimes into my ears through my headphones... So I do.. and I run.. I keep telling myself  " yes this is hard but you will complete it.. you cannot stop" 10 minutes into it.. The sun is so hot I take off my jacket and slip it through my water belt.

I check my phone.. 8:49 minutes to go. BAM! I can do this! I reach the half way mark the headphones state but I figure lets just keep going this way for a little longer. I decide to turn it around and OH WOW theres a slight breeze.. man that feels great!

And I go.. and I go.. I check my phone one last time.. 1:39 minutes left... I put on my POWERSONG ( Warriors Call - Volbeat) and I bust through  my 1:39


20 minutes straight running and I KICKED IT'S ASS! I completed it strong.. and didn't let myself quit...

Off to meet a trainer this afternoon.. need to tailor my diet get some weight training in and get rid of the excess... I am going to run a 10 km race next summer so I better get my move on!!

Cheers! I hope all of you had a successful bit of weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh... I remeber that 20 minutes of C25K! And I can't even tell you how many extra days it took me to do it, but it was quite a few. Congratulations on showing it who's boss! That is such a big physical AND mental milestone. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete