Tuesday, September 4, 2012

New House! Painting, Decorating and the whole she bang!

We currently purchased a home in Regina! This is quite exciting for us as we moved away 5 years ago and always desired to come back . I have been back since May 2011 living between here and our other home, then in November we got a townhouse in Regina so I wouldn't have to travel in the winter. In March, Hubby finally moved down as well. So since March we have lived in a small overcrowded 3 bedroom townhouse. We purchased a home here in Regina with 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and TONS of room! We are quite excited about it!

I am finally in a position where I can decorate how I want to! I have the space, funds and time to!

I took the main level and decided I wanted sheek, modern and warm! So pictured here you can see the colours I went with. Anonymous ( grey) on most of the walls, Cream in the hallway , door frames and some of the kitchen and Stealth Jet ( black) feature wall in the main living room.



I'm pretty in love with this! We will be adding a white hutch bar to the feature wall with a large mirror, black leather furniture and to brighten it up.. touches of this gorgeous purple. ( As seen in the next picture with the curtains!)
I have some gorgeous throw pillows and a vase to match this! It will go great with the white and black furniture!

The only issue I had was my dining set was browns and blacks.. I figured this would look rather odd with the blacks and whites in the connecting room. However, once I got the table into the dining area.... It looks really nice! Nice warm feelings!

Our twins have NEVER had a separate room, so we decided this is the time! They can have some space and time to themselves. Ainsley's room was GREEN and I mean so bright you needed sunglasses to sleep. Hydie's thankfully was a nice pink and she was very pleased with this!

I painted Ainsley's room a Pure Orchid ( purple colour) that seemed to match everything I have already for her!
( the picture wont rotate for me for some reason)
I will post pictures of the completed decorated rooms next week!

I have never had a gorgeous master bedroom, where I felt I could relax and unwind... So I decided I would create one! I found a wallpaper I LOVED in a show home we looked at..Wallpapering isn't the highest priority of things on my Bucket List but this stuff was SO gorgeous I had to have it! So I got it .. all the props and such that goes with it.. and here it is!! Thanks to my lovely hubby who assisted and didn't kill me!

LOVE IT!! SupreFresco Easy wallpaper http://www.superfrescoeasy.com/indexand it was pretty easy! It had a lot of places to match up but relatively worked out well!

Our bedroom and living room furniture will be here Thursday! So stay tuned! I will post pictures of completed rooms!


Off to work.. Need to get into my runs again tonight!


CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment