Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I Declare....

I figure that if I want to be held accountable.. blogging about my goals is where I need to start. ( I know..I'm sure this is where I'll make it work -- please note the sarcasm)

I'm 30 years old.. I've had my family and now its time to get working on the body. I've been between a size 16 and 20 my whole adult life, no matter what. This is fine.. but it's not the healthiest. Before I had the girls I got down to a small 16 and into some 14's and DID I EVER FEEL wonderful!!

But now.. I'm done.. I currently sit at a size 18 and I don't want this to be my adult life average. I want to be healthy, fit, and curvy.. I am working myself down to a size 12.

I've had lots of up's and down's. Diets - you name it I've tried it. From Weight Watchers, to Thin and Healthy and no carb.. I'm done with them. I am no longer on a diet... I refuse!!

However, I will commit eating healthy. I will plan my meals... meals that are nutritious with tons of fresh veggies and moderate fruits. I will make sure that I eat in moderation.. enjoy the foods we love in moderation when the time is right. So if I want to eat McDonald's fries... I likely wont... but if once a month I decide to have a small fries.. I'm sure going to enjoy it!! WHY??? Because I'm eating well.. and once in awhile.. we need to have treats!


My goals:

- menu plan - which will include protein based breakfasts and lunches with lots of fresh veggies. Suppers that my family will enjoy that are full of nutrition and some things we enjoy i.e. pasta... potatoes.. once in a while I'll enjoy it without substitution.
- fitness plan - planning my week out - 3 runs a week - 2 gym work outs
- burn the fat.. I am going to eat properly.. work out hard and work at losing 50 lbs. This should bring me to my size 12!! Working towards this for May 2013
- RUN a 10 km program by May 2013.


I believe that with having the support of my family who will allow me time to menu plan, grocery shop and prep our foods. I also believe that with having a trainer who is there to answer my questions, tweak my plans when I am not seeing progress... I  will not fail!


Hope your having a very motivating day as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment