Saturday, June 1, 2013

I DO NOT diet!

In 9 months I have struggled to solely eat properly. I got a nutrition plan set and based on REAL eating patterns, one focus on proper intake of protein, fats and carbohydrates. I plan my meals whether it be daily, weekly and or monthly. Some months are more successful than others. The holiday season I gave into indulging more than I should... I hit a plateau scale wise for a month and a half as well. 

I track what I eat... Watch my portions and allow myself to eat and live life. 

Why am I stating this?! I went to see a massage therapist on Friday due to hip discomfort. (Due to a outflexed piriformis muscle from to many squats! ). Immediately after I told her I'm working hard to drop fat and have went from a sz 22 to a 16.. She recommends I try Ideal protein because she lost 55 lbs with it. Ugh no no no no! I will not eat high processed protein supplements, no fruit , no dairy and not one ounce of carbs. Why?! It's UNHEALTHY! She also was advised she wasn't allowed to exercise ?! Say what! 

She concluded her recommendation with this statement " after doing ideal protein For a while I had to quit... My joints were to sore" This my dear is because you are not ingesting proper nutrition. 

If you're told not to eat dairy... Fruit... Any carbs at all along with keeping your fat grams under 10g a day... You're making yourself sick! 

Join a program such as myfitnesspal for support! Social support of wellness and fitness is key! Whether you agree with someone's 1200 cal diet (not health intake if you work out ANY) or not.. You will find a lot of non judgemental support in many of the forums. As well as finding and understanding what success means and looks like to many others.



I've dropped 9.44% body weight since September. I'm not going to lose 100 lbs in 10 months... But I'm proud of the healthy life I am now leading! I also can run 7-8 kms at a time which a year ago 1 minute was a feat! 

I'm off to make some brownies to freeze for my 2x a week evening snack after weights! See you can have you're cake and eat it too... Just in moderation! 


Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment