Sunday, June 2, 2013

Weekend fun!

With my out flexed piriformis hip muscle I took it easy the last few days. Sunday mornings are my favourite times to run.. Just after I indulge a few whole wheat waffles and some coffee. My eldest twin daughter has talked a lot about running with mommy lately. Due to my injury I thought I would take it slow and take her along. We got all geared up for a 2 km run, both with our runners and lululemon headbands off we went. Trying to explain to a 4 year old that when we run we must run slow... Is not comprehensible. We got 1/4 km in and she has sprinted so hard she can barely run now .. So we try move slowly and continuously. Well my cute running partner got in 1 km with 3 water breaks before she was to tired. I loved to see her motivation and desire to kick my ass. I can't wait to keep her practising her pace because I think she will be my partner on the trail!  



I have been wanting a bike for awhile now and because I am frugal I prefer not to spend a ton of money. I would love to run a small triathlon but can't justify right now buying a road bike. So I just bought a cheap 8 speed trail bike from Walmart. I was a little rusty my first ride with the kids, but had a blast! So after,lunch today I hopped on and away I went. With all the new developments in the city trying to find a continuos trail is hard. But I pounded out 4.8 miles in 31 minutes. What a nice ride! Nothing to crazy, after all I need to purchase a helmet and get my rear prepped for this ! Great ride in the summer sun! 


  Cannot wait to throw on my biking shorts and go for a good 10 mile ride! 

No comments:

Post a Comment