Sunday, June 2, 2013

Brownies!! Made with pear sauce

I love brownies!! And no matter how healthy I eat I crave chocolate and will never give up baking. So I am always on the search for healthy foods... I have found the best brownie recipe and its healthy! I could have added some protein powder as well, maybe next time. I have cut up what I needed for snacks this month and froze them. I left the rest on the shelf for the family to enjoy. 

Brownies 

1/4 cup of unsweetened apple or pear sauce (apple intolerance here for myself and kids so I make up pear sauce)
1 tsp of vanilla extract
 4 egg whites
1 cup of brown sugar (you could replace this with stevia if you wished)
1/4 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 chocolate chips (dark chocolate chips would cut down sugar as well)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8x11 pan (if you used a 8x8 pan only 12 servings and calories go up) with cooking spray

Mix sauce, sugar, eggs and vanilla well. Add in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt until no lumps remain.

Pour into pan evenly. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake for 18-22 minutes. Cut into 15 even pieces and ENJOY! 


                                  

Two pears and a a few tablespoons of water steamed makes great and easy pear sauce.


                                 

Final product! So moist and yummy!

                                               

Here is the nutritional values! Way tastier than those 100 calorie weight watcher or fibre one bars. Also much cleaner when you make them from scratch! 

    


1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you could use chocolate protein powder instead of the cocoa and up the protein content huge?

    ReplyDelete