Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Progress!! I'm a RUNNER!

Today is my LAST run of Week 5!!

I only have 3 weeks left of this program to complete!! I have never done a 5 km program.. in fact when I ran in University.. I just started to run.. then jumped into a 10km program. This is a big accomplishment for me to get this far!!

I have started a 5km program I'd say like 5 times since 2007... and I am (Insert hand gesture where two fingers are about an inch apart HERE) close to being COMPLETE!!

This program changed my world... I now plan my world around my runs... Sunday - Wednesdays and Fridays I run.. If something in my world comes up and I cant.. I reschedule my run and my hubby keeps me accountable to complete it!!

I suggest anyone looking to get back into fitness try this run! I don't expect to be a marathoner.. but I do want to move into being a runner fully. I hope to find my niche with my eating ( which has taken the weigh side in this heat because who wants to cook) and getting to the gym two times a week as well.

GOALS for AUGUST

Complete 5 km Program
Run Active for Autism - August 25th
START 10 KM Program
Hit gym once a week for weight training at least

Goals for September

Continue to train for a 10 km program ( which should increase my 5 km time)
Run Regina Road Race September 29th
Continue to get to the gym weekly for weight training
Tailor eating plan


Its not as hard as I thought. But takes commitment and desire.... but the little success such as running for 8 minutes straight for the first time in 7 years is what keeps you going!!

Good luck! Enjoy your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment