Monday, July 23, 2012

My baby's a runner!!

Finally the humidity has dissipated! I however was hung over yesterday like no other day I can remember ( in the last 5 years anyways), hubby and I attended a friends BBQ and a pitcher of sangria just happened to disappear. Oh the headaches!

So Sunday I had planned to do all this exciting stuff... well I just rested and we all just relaxed for the day. How much better can life really get on a Sunday ( unless of course I hadn't be hung over)

My one daughter, Hydie has decided she no longer wants to bike ride. I however cannot imagine what being a child without a bike would be like, so I figured I had to do something to get this lil girls back on her bike. We got on the bike.. and I noticed she's very anxious.. so I held my hand on hers while she biked.. This seemed to help. Every time I took it off... she freaked out. We get moving and she's biking excellent but very anxious.. so this mommy gets creative.. and we give her bike a name. TANGO! So we are biking and cheering on Hydie and Tango, life's great! Get to the park make it home.. and she's tickled pink her and Tango did so well.

Later in the day I decide its time to get my rear end out and do my LAST run of the Week 4 of my Couch 2 5 km program. I have been stuck on this week for 2 weeks so enough is enough.  I get all dressed.. shoes on and Hydie has decided she wants to run with me! Well I have had bad experiences with my 3.5 year olds trying to run with me.. they don't have any patience nor attention spans! But I figured what the heck.. lets do it!

So Hydie gets on her runners, with her watermelon socks and wants two ponies just like her mommy. ( Oh so sweet!) We get on the trail.. do our 5 minutes of walking with some crazy arm swings for warming up.. a little cheering and some quacking. We start our run... and 1.5 minutes into my 3 minute set Hydie needs water... and to hold my hand..lol so I jog in spot and we get this going.. We made it through 2 full sets ( 8 minutes of running in total and about 1 km or so ) before she had had it. I paused my workout and sat on the bench till Daddy came. Hydie was SO proud of herself.. and so was her mommy!

Ainsley continued with me for another bit till I ran her back to the park and continued my training. It was a great run.. Hydie was thoroughly proud of herself and barely could walk the rest of the way home she was so tired. But she wants to run again...

My baby's a runner... And this Mommy couldn't be prouder!!

No comments:

Post a Comment