Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Ladies... Lift the WEIGHTS!

I have been spending a ton of time at the gym in the last few months and even prior to this noticed that the ladies in the gym rarely moved off the cardio machines.... So here they are on the elipitcal or bikes going as HARD as they can sweating all over the place. I noticed there's been one person I see often at the gym... I cant comment on her goals or why she is at the gym however I can comment on the fact that I havent seen a change in her body since March. Maybe she doesn't want to change but seems to me if your going to the gym 3-4 days a week and spending up to an hour on an elipitcal... your looking for some results.

Over the years I've been involved with a few trainers. Most of them prepped me with work outs such as this:

http://tracker.dailyburn.com/workout_programs/34-All-Free-Weights

A lot of dumbbells, lots of reps and not a lot of actual weight. I have NEVER see a lot of change in my body from this. I remember in high school I went to the gym which a competitive body builder ran. He never ever said to train this way... we bench pressed.. we squated.. we leg pressed and it was a THRILL to be able to put a new plate on the bar the next work out.

I noticed that my body hadn't changed from all the cardio and light weight work outs I was putting in for the last 8 months. The only time I saw real change was in the progress of my runs (which was very limited as well) and when I cut out carbohydrates completely. Well we all know how hard this task is.. and that its not overly healthy.  


I met with Riley from www.rebirthfitness.co and discussed with him the issues I was facing. I needed a life style meal plan, one that fit with life was easy to work with and didn't uproot my whole family. I needed to continue my 3 runs a week and hit the gym for more. Ok Riley seemed to know exactly what I needed.
When I got my routine from Riley I noticed I would be spending a TON of time in what I call the "Man Zone" of the gym. I do power cleans ( yeah like those insanely large muscled olympians) tons of squats ( which now I'm squating weights over 75 lbs I need a assisted squat rack to work out on ) and box jumps ( trust me.. they suck! but man do they work!!)

Since I started this in August, I have dropped over 10 minutes off my 5 km run time, dropped 10 lbs, 11 inches on my body overall and am squating 3.2 x the amount I started at.....

Ladies... get into the "man zone" as hairdresser would say ( she's a competitive fitness model) just because you train like a man .. doesn't mean you will look like a man! We do not have testosterone and therefore will not "bulk" up.. we will however burn a ton of fat... tone and make those muscles look AMAZING! And slim down like you wouldn't believe. I may have only lost 10 lbs .. but my old tight pants.. now are so big even a belt holding them up makes them look ridiculous.


Ladies Trust me on this.. if you want results... LIFT THE WEIGHTS!
























No comments:

Post a Comment