Tuesday, September 10, 2013

10 K Training.. Let's Get Running!

I volunteered for the Queen City Marathon on Saturday.. and found my drive! I am back on track with my running! I was instantly motivated by a lady who was running the 1/2 marathon who was definitely not the "classic runner shape". This woman has ran a Marathon in Athens Greece, numerous 1/2 marathons and planning to run a full marathon in Norway. How can you NOT be motivated by this! She was smiles from ear to ear all day volunteering for a race she could not wait to run!

So I've decide.. next year... I will run the Queen City Marathon. I will complete the 1/2 marathon.

I started running again a few weeks ago, just a run here and there. Nothing training like. I was quite impressed with my increase in endurance. I started a 10k training program through a PEAR app. This app schedules me to run 3-4 times a week, with the greatest distance of 8 miles in the 12 weeks of the training program.

I got in a run on Saturday, 25 minute foundation run. The first few runs are to locate my low, moderate and high intensity paces. Starting out by low intensity warm up for 5 minutes, moderate intensity for 15 minutes and then a cool down of 5 minutes. The first run I completed 1.78 miles in this 25 minute run. I was good with this, I wasn't out of breath it was a nice easy run. Today I ran the exact same run, but struggled with a constant moderate pace. ( Solely because I wouldn't let other beginner runners pass me.. that's not a good idea..lol) I got in 1.70 miles as I tired out quicker than usual.

A friend of mine and I started a HIIT class Sunday mornings.. what a way to spend a Sunday morning! We had a blast, sweated a ton and can't wait to see our Trainer on Wednesdays. Together since we started our 8 week challenge with our trainer, we have lost a combined total of 27 lbs! Lets hope we can get rid of a few more before our final weigh in!


Week 1 of my trek to the QCM has started!










No comments:

Post a Comment