Sunday, April 21, 2013

Speghetti Squash Bake... DELICIOUS!

I LOVE spaghetti squash.. so much so that my mom planted it in her garden and harvest over 40 of them this past fall. I ate likely 20 them easily.. and they are  TWICE the size of the store squashes! Well I get bored of plain roasted anything.. and have been looking for new ways to make these wonderful squashes. Well I did! I found a recipe and made it my own.


To start...

Chop a squash in half... clean it out.. and pop it in the microwave for 12 minutes ( or till it is easy to extract from the skin.)



In a pan saute with olive oil:
 
- 3 chopped carrots
- one small zucchini
- one red bell pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic or garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste.



Because my children REFUSE to eat spaghetti squash.. I decided to fake them out... I added 2 cups of cooked spaghetti as well.

You then add 16 oz of your choice of tomato sauce, 1/4 cup of Parmesan and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Pop into the oven covered at 350 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes. After 25 minutes, add a bit of grated cheese to the top and finish the last 5 minutes off uncovered.


Finished product... and My kids ate it with no complaints.. They had NO idea there was any squash in there. It was delicious and I have leftovers for the week! LOVE IT!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment