Tuesday, March 19, 2013

30 Day Challenge!

We all know that the journeys to fitness, no matter your shape or size, is a HUGE challenge. It takes a lot of work to be committed, focused and motivated. Those are three terms that hold heavy meanings.. you have to figure out how you need to lose weight from nutrition and exercise to understanding why you are about to take this lifestyle change or how you go to the shape/size you are.

I found a picture from December 2010 on a holiday with my dear hubby to Nashville and Memphis Tennessee for New Years. I remember a lot of the clothes I owned at this point, in fact I still have some of them! I remember fooling myself to think I was a size 18 in this picture when I had to buy size 22 jeans while on this trip. So here it is... in 2 years I have changed from barely fitting into a size 22  jeans...to a 36" waist.


 
 
 
I've met some really awesome people on My Fitness Pal, one of which has now become a Beach Body Coach and is running challenges to keep his friends motivated. I started mine yesterday. It runs for 30 days and we keep accountable to one another in the group, every one's diaries are open to see our food choices etc.
 
Day 1 - Challenge - commit to eating clean, working out daily and take a picture of what you look like now. 

 ** I was able to do all of this that day while being home with a sick child, not feeling well myself and definitely wanting to eat chocolate not salad!

Day 2 - Challenge - Sit down and make a list of all the reasons you want to lose weight. Then post it EVERYWHERE you will look at it daily


 On my desk at work!
 
 
On my visor in my car!
 
 

On my fridge!
 
 
 
On my bathroom mirror!
 
 
 
I will definitely continue to post updates on how the challenge goes! I'm pretty excited about how this turns out!
 
 
Cheers! 
 
 
** Update.. Uhh the dude that was conducting the challenge.. he buggered off..lol I am not sure what went on. We did a few challenges and then I stopped getting emails etc. However after 30 days, I am down into a size 16 pants easily by committing to tracking daily. I didnt get in all the work outs and not always ate the best but I did commit to tracking that. I dropped a good 8 lbs and it got me down into those snug pants with ease! ** 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment